Monday, September 1, 2008

Branson, Missouri

Last week we took a trip to Branson to see Grandma and Papa Breudigam, along with Aunt Jen, Dave and Uncle Kory. What a great trip!! I was worried about the girls being in the car so long but they both proved to be tremendous travelers!

We left early Sunday morning, after Ella's 4am feeding, for the drive. It took us about 9 1/2 hours with a few potty breaks in between. Ella slept most of the way and Madi was awake the entire time! She was watching movies and looking out the window for animals! When we got there we just relaxed and everyone went in the pool, except Ella and I.

Monday we went to a little kiddie park and Madi had a blast on all the rides. Afterwards she went on her first go-cart ride with daddy. Uncle Kory won the race! We also enjoyed some time in the pool.

Tuesday we hung out at the resort a lot and went swimming. Even Ella went in the pool. She was snug in her sling and fell asleep almost instantly. She was very calm and relaxed. That evening we went down to Branson Landing and walked around.

Wednesday morning we got up early and went for a ride on the "Ducks" What a fun trip. For those of you who don't know, it's a military vehicle used for land and water. I even got to drive a bit while in the water! Madi loves her duck quacker!!

Thursday we went to the World's Largest Toy Museum. How fun to see all the old toys. Of course I can't forget to mention we went to Dino's 24 Karrot Cake Company for some AWESOME cake!!


Friday morning came way too fast and it was time for us to head back to reality. We drove the 10 hours which seem to take forever!! Again, Madi and Ella were both wonderful in the car. Although Saturday morning when I put Ella in her carseat she screamed. I think she had enough of the car for a while!


We are now trying to get back into some type of routine. I go back to work next Monday. I am dreading leaving my sweet girls. I am so grateful for the time I've had with them. Thank goodness I have a job where I have vacations and the summer's off!!

To see all the pictures from our trip, visit this site and check out our Branson Album: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=42xrg717.amm7gvuj&x=0&y=-6m9sal&localeid=en_US

No comments: